How to shop consignment. Consignment shopping is the best way to shop –and I should know! After 10 years in the business, I have seen hundreds of thousands of pieces of clothing and thousands of women all looking for the “right” thing. I continue to be amazed at the wonderful things people bring us!
Consignment shops like ours give you a limitless range of clothing and accessories. Remember, it’s mostly one-of-a-kind! You will see things that you can’t get at the local stores because our items come from people who shop everywhere–in America and abroad, in stores we don’t have here!
Here are some tips on how to shop consignment:
- Come in with an open mind. Looking for something specific stops you from seeing all the great stuff!
- Prices are usually about 1/3 of the retail price.
- Be prepared to take your time. One-of-a-kind means you will want to look at each hanger!
- Try on all sizes. The clothing industry is not uniform in its sizing. Don’t go by the number.
- Don’t be intimidated by labels and brands. You can find wonderful buys on designer labels or brands you’ve never seen, and it’s fun to try new things.
- If you are attracted to something, try it on. You have nothing to lose…sometimes you learn that a specific brand or label really works for you, and you can shop that brand forever with confidence!
Consignment is smart and it’s green. It can provide you with a wardrobe your friends will envy, and if you consign your things, it will pay for all the wonderful new things you find! It doesn’t get better than this!
If you’re new to this, come and see us. You’ll love it. Take care, Brenda